YAKINIKU Axis cleaning tool | COMPACT | MINI
Cleaning and maintaining a Kamado is important to ensure that the grill continues to function well and last longer. Regular ash cleaning is an important part of maintaining the Kamado. Fortunately, we have a number of tools that make cleaning a little easier, including our ash cleaning tool. It can sometimes be tricky to remove all the ash from the Kamado, but below we have some tips on how to remove ash effectively:
We strongly advise against cleaning the Kamado while it is still hot so first make sure it has cooled down completely, i.e. is completely cleared of the high temperature you grilled at before. What is also very important, do not use water or other liquids for this step in cleaning. When you mix the ashes with water, a thick substance can form that is even harder to clean up. Remove the charcoal from the Kamado and save it for the next time you grill. Now there should only be ash in the Kamado. You can use the cleaning tool to push it towards the ventilation disk. You can place the ash bucket under the Kamado so that it collects the ashes. Repeat this process to remove all remaining ash from the Kamado. Should some ash have fallen on the ground after cleaning, you can easily clean it up with a dustpan and brush.
The most important thing when removing ashes from your Kamado is to make sure you take proper safety measures, such as wearing heat-resistant gloves and making sure the ashes have cooled down completely before removing them. Make sure you dispose of the ashes safely and responsibly.
When you regularly clean your Kamado, it remains well maintained, this ensures that it will last you a lifetime.
Specifically, we have listed the benefits of the ash cleaning tool here:
- Efficient removal: the ash cleaning tool is specially designed to efficiently remove ash from your Kamado. It provides a convenient and quick way to guide the ashes out, saving you a lot of time and effort;
- Safety: Using an ash cleaning tool ensures that you protect your hands from hot ash residue. You can clean up the ashes without making direct contact with the hot parts of the Kamado;
- Maintaining airflow: Regularly removing ashes from your Kamado ensures that airflow is not obstructed. This is essential for proper combustion and optimal performance of your Kamado.
- Extended Kamado life: By regularly removing the ashes with the tool, you prevent the ashes from accumulating and clogging certain parts. This contributes to the extended life and proper functioning of your grill.
- Ease of maintenance: with our cleaning tool, you can remove the ashes quickly and easily, making maintenance of your Kamado a simple task. This ensures that your grill is always ready for use and remains in optimal condition.
In order to remove ashes, of course, you first need charcoal. On this page, we have a wide range of different types of charcoal. Our best-selling charcoal type for the Kamado is the BBQ Flavour Marabu charcoal in a 5 kg bag. And this is not for nothing, Marabu is a heavy wood type and this characteristic is also maintained during the 14 to 24-hour burn. Marabu charcoal is especially popular because it has a long burn time, even at high temperatures, and develops very little smoke due to its complete carbonisation.
If you really want to clean your Kamado thoroughly, you can also use our YAKINIKU BBQ cleaning brush, leather gloves and ash scraper. These accessories ensure that you can easily do your Kamado maintenance without spending too much time on it.