This recipe is in collaboration with Barbecuemarq
- Make the marinade by adding the soy sauce, pepper, sugar, garlic, onion, mango, water and honey together and mix finely with the hand blender.
- Remove the bavette from the fridge and pat dry with kitchen paper. Cut the bavette into slices (always cut at right angles to the grain) and then place the meat in the marinade. Let this marinate in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Light the Binchotan and make sure the Shichirin is well hot. Fully open the sliders of the Shichirin and allow it to reach a good temperature.
- Cut the mushrooms in half and the peppers into (large) pieces. Put them in a bowl and add some soy sauce and olive oil and stir well.
- Now make the skewers with peppers, mushrooms and bavette. Grill the skewers until the meat has a core temperature of 50 °C. (If this is too fast, close the sliders of the Shichirin more to create a lower temperature).
- Meanwhile, cook the rice and chop the spring onion.
- When all the ingredients are ready, serve everything together.